Human Resource Officer / QHSE officer
Reports to: Director Finance and Admin
HR Policies and Strategies
- Manage the integrated ISO management system of HPI which includes Quality, Health and Safety and Environment (ISO 9001:2015; ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018)
- In collaboration with the Director, develop, review and update the HPI’s HR manual ensuring that it reflects local & global policies, good practice and is legally
- Ensure that HPI HR policies and ISO management system are communicated to and well understood and implemented by all staff/subconsultants, and determine/provide training as required in HR related concepts, issues and procedures
- Keep up to date with changes in employment legislation advising management and staff/subconsultants of significant changes and updating policies and procedures as required
- Conduct and participate in salary and benefits surveys to ensure competitive compensation and benefits plans. Review data with senior management and make suggestions for improvements where practicable.
- Advise senior management on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits and the development of standardized pay and title scales
- Work with the Director to develop and implement HR corporate programmes as assigned.
- Participate in bid management;
- Participate in both internal and external audits.
- Participate in the procurement bid opening.
- Coordinate with departmental heads to assess staffing needs and initiate the recruitment process in accordance with HPI’s policies.
- Initiate recruitment and selection activities, placing advertisements, sifting CVs, organizing interviews, sitting in on first interviews, maintaining records and, preparing contracts for full time staff
- Conduct induction for new recruits, including reference checks, work permit applications, medicals, inclusion on benefits, office tours, and explaining HR policies and procedures and office administration requirements
- Support managers on defining and implementing training for new recruits
HR Administration and Day-to-Day Management:
- Maintain accurate and up to date records (paper and electronic)
- Maintain and develop the HR information system and processes including the ISO management system.
- Track HR data for contract renewals and other significant HR events and anniversaries.
- Compile management reports from database on a quarterly basis as directed by the management team
- Support HPI Director on providing accurate data, updated documentation and reports as and when required
- Present staff/subconsultant issues to the senior management team and vice versa.
- Provide counsel to all staff/subconsultants on issues concerning staff/subconsultants relations guided by HPI policies.
- Support managers through disciplinary and other employee relations matters
- Ensure that all technical staff/subconsultants have professional indemnity insurance where applicable, monitor workers' compensation claims and work with the contracted Insurance providers to manage claims.
- Compiling payroll management data, Manage HPI benefit’s programmes and ensure payroll adjustments are communicated to finance section by 19th of every month.
Performance and Professional Development Management
- Coordinate the performance management process, in accordance with HPI’s policy.
- Conduct training of staff in the performance management process and skills
- Implement and evaluate training programmes for staff development in accordance with HPI’s policy and available budgets.
- Keep training records and budget up to date and report to management
- Maintain and coordinate employee motivation and recognition programmes.
- Provide guidance to staff on career development
Staff Exit Management:
- Proactively manage staff terminations including exit interviews Develop and implement staff retention processes to minimize attrition rates
- Provide quarterly turnover and attrition reports to management and develop staff succession plans.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or Industrial Psychology or other degree with Human Resource Management option from a recognized University / Institution.
- A Certificate in Administrative Officer’s Law Course from Law Development Centre or post-graduate qualification in Human Resources Management or equivalent is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Human Resource Management in a reputable organization.
- No criminal track record.
- He/she should be willing to travel and work in the project areas.
- 28 – 35 years of age at entry.
- Experience in staff training and facilitation.
- Experience in general office administration.
- Good knowledge of Uganda Employment laws.
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management.
- High degree of integrity and responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Human Resource information.
- A self-starter who is able to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Strong computer skills.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Flexible in approach to tasks and working hours.
- Counselling and guidance skills.
- Strong Coaching and training skills.
- Mature and professional demeanour.
Apply for job
Sorry! application is not available.